1492 Columbus fleet sets sail in part due to cannabis
- Sails and rope made from Hemp.
- Stories of seeds as food during the journey and crops once landed.
1616 Jamestown: The first permanent English settlement
- Sails and rope continue to be made as are clothes and other goods.
- It became ILLEGAL NOT TO GROW hemp many of the colonies
- Used as a currency and pay taxes.
1937 The marijuana Tax Act
- Nationwide criminalization of cannabis begins.
1970 Controlled Substances Act
- Repeal of Marijuana Tax Act
- Listed as a schedule 1 (one) drug
1978 New Mexico
- First state to pass legislation on the medicinal use of marijuana.
2019 Major Changes
- 33 States have legalized medicinal marijuana.
- Ten ( 10 ) states have legalized recreational marijuana.
- Institutional big business players buying into the industry.
US Venture Capital Investment
- Over 20 Billion Dollars Invested
- Over 240 Major Deals
- Forecast growth of 16 Billion in the next 3 years.